Potterton Kingfisher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

I have an old floorstanding Potterton Kingfisher which is in the cellar.

When I went downstairs the C02 alarm was going off and the cellar was like a Sauna.

The central heating had been on for about half an hour.

It is usually warm in there but never that hot.

Anyone any idea what might be going on?

Obviously I have turned it off,I just dont want to pay a callout fee if its something simple.

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
Switch off boiler for your safety and do not use it. Call a gas-safe engineer ASAP.

CO2 alarm going off because there is spillage of combustion from flue.

Daniel.

There is no option other than to get it checked for safety, and that should only be done by a qualified engineer.

Sponsored Links
Oddly to many home owners, these problems are often actually very simple ones for an engineer!

Tony

Oddly to many home owners, these problems are often actually very simple ones for an engineer!

Tony

Thanks all...Yes turned out it was turned up to max and that is why it was (obviously !)overheating.

Very little can go wrong with these very old and simple boilers as the only things that can break are the thermostat and or gas valve or so I was told

No sign of Carbon monoxide leak (soot etc) and guy did a smoke test to make sure it was drawing properly.

Alarm probably went off due to the heat,still I'm only £100 lighter!

Thanks again for the helpful advice

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back