POTTERTON LPG GAS VALVE.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Potterton Diplomat, 20kw boiler. The gas valve has failed.

It is a Honeywell valve v4400a 1017 c. Running on LPG.

I cannot find a one of these valves anywhere and there seems to be no modern alternative on offer. The gas fitter will change it if, I can locate a valve.

The boiler is okay and I dont want to scrap it for the sake of a valve.

Can anybody shed any light on the subject.
:(

Sponsored Links
Should be available, and your gas fitter will know where to get one from. What's the model number (or better still GC number) of your Diplomat? There's quite a few different ones...

Thanks a lot for responding guys.

If I can enlighten you further. The Gas fitter is reluctant to source a valve due to the vintage of the boiler. He feels if it doesn't burn clean threreafter, with his markup, he would have spent a lot of my money on the job, for no result. He did service both boilers, while he was here.

Plus he is up to his eyeballs in jobs and has no time to find a valve at the mo.

I said the Pott was working okay until the valve failed so I will take a chance, and try and find one myself.

Mr W. You must be thinking of the v4400c there are loads of them around, but they will not run on LPG.

Hi Muggles.

The potterton is a Diplomat C70/21 BE GC 41/595/81
If you can put me onto a valve I would appreciate it.

My back up boiler is running, but sods law says it will pack up when we have the coldest night.

Regards

Mike

Sponsored Links
Mr W. You must be thinking of the v4400c there are loads of them around, but they will not run on LPG.

No I'm not. I would not have said their available if they are not.

Muggles, your doing the OP's RGI's work for free.

I would not have posted that muggles as his RGI should have found that.

Mr. W.

Maybe you wouldn't but it's easy enough to find, have you looked at the link?

If I can enlighten you further. The Gas fitter is reluctant to source a valve due to the vintage of the boiler. He feels if it doesn't burn clean threreafter, with his markup, he would have spent a lot of my money on the job, for no result. He did service both boilers, while he was here.

Plus he is up to his eyeballs in jobs and has no time to find a valve at the mo.

I said the Pott was working okay until the valve failed so I will take a chance, and try and find one myself.

I trust that after the fitter let you down, you aren't going to do all the hunting around and get him back? Phone another RGI, and explain the situation, he will give you a price, and you decide wether to use him.

Are you saying that he serviced the boiler thatbwas out of action?

THANKS a lot muggles.

I found the updated valve specs on the french "Bloc" site.

I am a building services Engineer, with an electrical background.
But as I spent 25years overseas, I was not up on all the odd gas part sites, where the info is squirreled away.

Its a morrass,

Regards

Mike :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back