Potterton White Rogers Gas Valve replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a 12 yr old Potterton Netaheat boiler. Pilot light not igniting, just sparks. Local corgi chap charged me £70 for call out and diagnostic and has said that to replace the white rogers gas valve will cost £490 which he then dropped to £450 when I said that i thought this was expensive. He suggested a combi boiler replacement. Is £450 a reasonable quote to supply and fit the new gas valve? Should i really be looking to replace the boiler ? Thanks for any advice !!!

Sponsored Links
I didn't think that parts were available anymore for the Netaheat.

Best advice would be to junk the old potential killer - it's had it's life, put the poor old thing out of its misery.

Round our neck of the woods it would be approx. half of his revised quote. Seems rather steep to me.

I didn't think that parts were available anymore for the Netaheat.

Best advice would be to junk the old potential killer - it's had it's life, put the poor old thing out of its misery.

It'll be a netaheat profile if its got a white rogers gas valve. I'd say theres plenty of life in the old dog yet. "Potential killer" ? Good reliable boilers if maintained properly.

Sponsored Links
didnt the white rogers valve go on the neataheat profile?

if so here is the Parts Center part Number and price

Part No 452683 £175.22

A model number would be handy to check some more

but if it is the profile POP to change, ask tony Agile he ALWAYS does it a "bit" Cheaper

;)

Must agree with Sven Elite

as long as they get lots of TLC all neataheats are fine reliable old beasts

:)

I may be wrong but aren't both solenoids available seperately aswell?

I may be wrong but aren't both solenoids available seperately aswell?

I think they are oll but if I remember rightly its easier to change the whole valve

but what do I know I am getting old and forgetfull

what were we talking about?

Oh yes is ten to twelve

;)

but if it is the profile POP to change, ask tony Agile he ALWAYS does it a "bit" Cheaper

I can do it a LOT cheaper because I can change only the solenoid which is faulty.

However it probably is not the gas valve. That guy was angling to replace the boiler bot competitively repair it.

Tony

I can do it a LOT cheaper because I can change only the solenoid which is faulty.

However it probably is not the gas valve. That guy was angling to replace the boiler bot competitively repair it.

Tony

wow ALOT cheaper now tone, all those poles in norf laaandaan must be biting in ;)

as always tony I am only pulling your plonker ;)

Checked the boiler - it is a Netaheat Profile but couldn't see any specific model number. Its our first house which we've being doing up for the last 8 months. Hope to sell in a couple of yrs to 'move up the ladder' so really unsure whether to repair or replace, though money wise repair would be the easyiest at the mo.

Thanks to everybody for excellent advice. Armed with it i think im gonna try and get a few quotes in for a repair. Hopefully will have more momey next year to look at replacing. which might be an added selling feature.

Cheers !

Checked the boiler - it is a Netaheat Profile but couldn't see any specific model number. Its our first house which we've being doing up for the last 8 months. Hope to sell in a couple of yrs to 'move up the ladder' so really unsure whether to repair or replace, though money wise repair would be the easyiest at the mo.

Thanks to everybody for excellent advice. Armed with it i think im gonna try and get a few quotes in for a repair. Hopefully will have more momey next year to look at replacing. which might be an added selling feature.

Cheers !

good luck

Seeing you are in Brum always reminds me that I have not been to a balti in Sparkbrook for at least 10 years. How I miss them! I went to the original with the glass table top ages ago before they became famous. Last went to one with a 48FF black policewoman!

I did go to a Netaheat Profile this afternoon though. Fan failed so easy job.

Tony

Hi all,
I've got a problem with a Potty Netaheat 10/16 Electronic (GC 4160167), which has failed on the main valve. Have checked and the main solenoid has gone open circuit, Pilot works and lights OK, just no main burner. PCB also giving out 240VAC to T!-T3 (main valve) so am now certain this is the culprit.

I've had a look around and am getting some responses that this valve (White Rogers i believe) is no longer available. I had wondered if it was possible to simply replace the solenoid itself - and from the comments I found on here - Tony has the answer!

Tony would you be able to tell me if these are still available, or do you just have 'stock', Who does them? My uncle-in-law (his boiler) is going to try calling round for valve tomorrow, since they are getting cold, and... the house is up for sale...Typical!

Any thoughts welcome,

Ta ;)
Joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back