Gas valve for Potterton boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Neataheat 1622 electronic gas boiler, and yes, it is nearly 25 years old but still giving good service! The same engineer has been servicing/repairing it for several years, and he's always maintained that I should hold onto it for as long as possible, as it's a good solid reliable boiler. However on his last visit he regretfully informed me that, should the gas valve ever need replacing, I would be "stuffed" as you can't get them any longer. (This is what he has been reliably informed by his suppliers). We discussed this at some length and agreed it would be well worthwhile using the wonderful internet to find out if this is the case. I have already looked at several suppliers on the net without luck so far.
However - remembering how this forum has assisted me a lot in the past, I thought it a good idea to make this posting to see if anyone could help. The valve itself is made by White Rogers if that's any help.

Sponsored Links
As far as i know they are long since obsolete. Theres the potential for a few 2nd hand ones to be around or new ones lying around in sheds somewhere

why not change it before it causes you some real probems. got a co detector? i hope so.

Sponsored Links
Hi Soggywheatabix that is a MK11F gas valve your showing not a Electronic, which is the one now not available.

I just do not understand why some peple get all "dreamy" about "an old boiler".
A vintage car,motorcycle or a comfey pair of shoes i can understand.Come on keep the industry afloat take the plunge you might like it and maybe 25 years down the line it may still be working ;)

I have a

White Rodgers gas valve Potterton 907702/GC 382988

and a

Potterton PCB/Control box Potterton 407677/GC 382462

both of which are new and boxed and were bought as spares for my now defunct Potterton Profile 60e.

If anyone's interested please PM me.

tipper those parts are still available(with a warranty too) and are for a different boiler.

I have a

White Rodgers gas valve Potterton 907702/GC 382988

and a

Potterton PCB/Control box Potterton 407677/GC 382462

both of which are new and boxed and were bought as spares for my now defunct Potterton Profile 60e.

If anyone's interested please PM me.

potterton were selling a kit to upgrade the white rodgers valve with a Honeywell, I've fitted a couple and had no problem at all, very straight forward :)

potterton were selling a kit to upgrade the white rodgers valve with a Honeywell, I've fitted a couple and had no problem at all, very straight forward :)

thats for the profile aint it

Wierd things I brought a brand new WR for a profile 60 about two weeks ago

suppose its where you go and if they have any left.

As for the ol neataheat GV's I have been able to get me mits on one for ages

Dead boiler IMHO

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back