Potterton Lynx 2 Reset Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lynx II is giving me problems. The pressure's good but the red reset light keeps going on. I press the reset switch and it becomes OK for a while and goes on again. It does this with hot water as well as CH.

The boiler gets VERY hot, then seems to naturally 'cut out' when the room temp has been reached. When the boiler then attempts to relight, the ignition circuit clicks away for 4 or 5 attempts then goes to reset mode?
I've ordered a recon PCB (dry joint probs, etc), but after speaking to Pott'y tech guys, they seem to think it may be the overheat thermostat on either/both the CH side or the HW side. Any one got any more ideas before I hire an expensive plumber!? I've had a quick look and these appear soldered into the pipework. Are they easy to test/replace. (I have a multimeter handy....)

I am presuming that the flame sensing probe is OK otherwise the thing wouldn't go through it's first heating up cycle. Also, the Gas valve seems to modulate OK. A plumber has checked the flue gas readings and these all appear normal.

Do these boilers have themocouples on them or not - could this be the cause?

I recently read some posts various forums about low water content boilers and overheating and some people were pointing towards the pump side of things.

Any advice offered would be greatfully received as I'm currently opening the fridge door to heat the place up....!

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back