potterton netaheat 1016

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my girlfriends boiler is a potterton netaheat 1016 wich is not working theres live coming to pcb board but nothing coming out fuse ok relay operating ne ideas

Sponsored Links
what is the boiler doing, is the fan coming on? if not chances are you need a new pcb

simon20569 said:
my girlfriends boiler is a potterton netaheat 1016 wich is not working theres live coming to pcb board but nothing coming out fuse ok relay operating ne ideas
fans not running

simon20569 said:
fans not running
There's a connector with two red insulated wires from the PCB which go to the fan. Check there's 230vac between these pins on the PCB, then measure the resistance between these red wires, it should be less than 50 ohms, else you may have a duff fan or poor connections.

Sponsored Links
I too have a 10-16 with a non running fan. On power up , the circuit breaker does its but and the fan gets live current but not moving. Given the age of the thing can I assume the fan is dead and needs replacing? Im going to also post this as a new topic

All of you should be made aware that this is a positive case pressure boiler.

People have been killed by incorrect case fitment.

Only a competent CORGI is likely to be safe to work on one of these models.

Tony

Well Ive had mine for over 20 years, the case is not that hard to refit tight and true. A well ventilated kitchen like ours means that co2 is unlikely to build up to a dangerous level even if, for some reason, it stopped being vented by the fan and then escaped out the case. In fact the day we moved in i noticed the case only had 3 screws out of the 4 actually fitted and I believe it had been that way for years with the previous owners

I can quite see though that in a confined space with double glazing etc it could build up eventually. Lucky we live in a draughty house with rattling windows eh?

If a corgi engineer was to fit my fan, co2 test etc for a reasonable price I would let him. But the fan is £148 to start off with and an engineer will try and stiff me for the same again. And it's not a difficult or time consuming job imo

S

And when did you last replace the case seal?

Before you attempt the repair it may be worth checking with your insurance company that they are happy for you to do so!

Sunbeam, you obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
CO2?? :rolleyes:

Well Ive had mine for over 20 years, the case is not that hard to refit tight and true.
Yup easy peasy to refit but how did you check that the case and seal was airtight?

You did check it I presume!! And of course you did check the case where they commonly corrode as well.

I shall be fitting a new seal as a matter of course and I am happy that the case edges are not corroded and will make good contact. This is what I did the last time I had the case off, many years ago now.

I am happy to have a corgi engineer refit the case and test for leaks but the last one I asked to visit a few weeks ago told me the netaheat fan was no longer available. Blatantly untrue as a few phone calls discovered.

If 'experts' take the **** like that, no wonder people take risks. Seems to me those engineers trying to turn a simple repair job into a lucrative new boiler job are the ones putting people in danger.

If I can find someone prepared to charge a fair price Ill use him.

S

Well yes I know, i have carried out a fairly rigorous inspection of the whole case. The steel used in those days was pretty good, not the rizla thickness stuff they use now.

By the way, I did mean to say carbon monoxide not dioxide originally. I do know the diference but was typing quickly!

S

sunbeam sounds like the very dangerous type of person which CORGI was set up to rid this country of.

Its not difficult...why pay the professionals?......

BOOM!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back