Potterton NetaHeat: Intermittent Hot Water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wall mounted gas powered Potterton Netaheat 10-16.

Next to it is a Randall 102 Timer. It has options for "Hot Water Only" and "Central Heating and Hot Water". The switch is turned to "Central Heating and Hot Water".

I think the boiler then sends its water to the tank in the cupboard. There is one of those little white boxes stuck to a pipe near the tank.

The central heating works fine.

For the last week we have had intermittent hot water. For instance occasionally the hot tap will produce hot water but then it will turn into a trickle and slowly dry up... as if there is no more water left.
I've tried reading through as many of the questions and answers on this forum but cannot work out what is wrong.

Is the tank not filling up?

Is it something to do with that little white box that's stuck to the side of a pipe in the cupboard and switches between hot water and central heating?

Is it to do with too much air being in the wrong place?

I just don't know and I hope someone can help to throw some light on the problem.

Sponsored Links
Camilla Parker Bowles said:
Is the tank not filling up?

that is exactly your problem

Camilla..Parke..blah..blah said:
Is it something to do with that little white box that's stuck to the side of a pipe in the cupboard and switches between hot water and central heating?

no. if that was malfunctioning you would get the opposite effect, plenty hw, no ch.

how's chas???

Thanks.

...so the boiler is boiling the water... and sending it to the tank...

...is there any reason why it would only send a small amount to the tank?

...or could there be a problem with not enough new water getting into the boiler?

Any ideas? How could I check?

Charles is doing fine cutting up copies of The Sun. Any replies will, of course, be rewarded with a knighthood when I become Queen.

Camilla Parker Bowles said:
..so the boiler is boiling the water... and sending it to the tank

yes, but the tank is actually 2 systems even though it looks like one (if it's a cylinder) the boiler will be sending hot water to the "element" but there isn't the water in the tank to feed the taps as they are fed by different tanks.

get up to the bigger of the 2 tanks and free the ball valve.

if you only have one tank call a plumber.

Sponsored Links
Dear Porker Bowels

I could fit you a system at Highgrove. Two rads and a cold tub, just like Balmoral.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back