Potterton netaheat 80e - no hot water

The implication is that if the HW valve is open then the motor and the shaft are working.

If there is any fault then the microswitch inside is failed.

If they are Honeywell then its possible to just replace the head.

Tony

not neccesarily. if the ball has swollen or the motor is dying, the valve will begin to open, but not far enough to allow the micro switch to make... the ball and plate may actaully be at fault rahter than the head.

Sponsored Links
OK tomorrow I will go to Plumb centre and see what i can get. Thanks guys i will post back and let you know how i get on...
DNC

Hope someone is still out there watching this post - so i replaced the head (switched the central heating head which was tested as working) boiler fired but went off after a few minutes. Then i replaced the cylinder stat still the boiler went off after a few minutes. Now it looks like i have to replace the HW valve - question - can i drain the cylinder and not the rads - tough job to refill this system i have done it before.
Any suggestions gratefully received

Sponsored Links
I took the central heating head off the valve and put it on the hot water one - i know it worked on CH this morning.

This is so basic that one would not ask a professional!

But with the head off, did you feel the shaft to see if its seized up ?

Tony

Checked, the shaft moves easily. So is the next step to replace the valve? and if so do i drain the rads or just the cylinder?
Cheers for the help - if i cant sort it today i will need a quote.

Hi all many thanks for the advice - I think I have it sorted, blocked return pipe from the cylinder coil to the boiler seems to have been the problem. That is the lowest point in the system and had 4 or 5 joints which had furred up and completely blocked the flow back to the boiler so the boiler overheated and switched off. We have a tank full of lovely hot water now!
Thanks again.
David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back