potterton netheat problem with water and rads to work to get

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi (sorry about user name only thing the dam system would let me have!)
Any way I have recently changed the tank thermostat on my water tank and all seems well until the water temp is reached. the controller clicks the red light comes on and then the radiators start to go cold until the water temp drops and the boiler starts up to heat water then rads also warm up until once again temp is reached and it all cuts out.
If i just put heating on all rads hot, if i just have water on then i get hot water. The system is a potterton netheat profile, can anyone help me? :confused:

Sponsored Links
have you two motorised valves or one ? and how did you wire the stat up ?

Sponsored Links
It was just the tank thermostat, it has a two pin connecter in the water temp control box. I bought a new one and connected it I think it can only fit one way.
I have a drayton ma1 3 way valve under tank don`t think i have another valve as the pump is also set under boiler.

I have not long moved to this house and one thing that i am not sure about is this, we don`t have a room thermostat only the water thermostat in the airing cupboard. I just wonder if now we have replaced the tank thermostat that it is doing its job and as we don`t have a room thermostat the heating has no way to know that it should still run to warm rads and so cuts out when water temp is reached?. That would mean that the syst has never worked properly i wonder if that was the case wouldn`t the last owners have done something to correct this? Its a mystery to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back