Potterton not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Suprima 50L, and it's not igniting. Looking through the instructions it seems to go into 'lockout' with the red LED flashing - which as I understand it means the system can't ignite so it gives up.

Of course I'll need to get an engineer out, but having never had to get one out in my life I'd be greatful if anyone could give me an idea as to what the fault may be - I'm very paranoid of getting ripped off with something I don't know much about!

Can anyone recommned a method to locate a trusted CORGI engineer?

Thanks in advance,
Graham

Sponsored Links
it could be locking out for any number of reasons, they are prone to this. what happens when you reset the boiler, does it go to lockout again? you can find a good corgi regd engineer by visiting www.corgi-gas-safety.com. type in your postcode and you should get a choice of at least five local guys (or gals). in your area.

Thanks for the quick reply superskanker.

Yes, when I reset the same happens.

Graham

It is quite likely to be a faulty PCB and the redesigned replacement is quite expensive, almost £200 just for the part.

It might be better to consider a replacement condensing boiler if your gas bill is very high.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
It is quite likely to be a faulty PCB and the redesigned replacement is quite expensive, almost £200 just for the part.

It might be better to consider a replacement condensing boiler if your gas bill is very high.

Tony

Tony you on commission today for flogging steamers.
This is the second person today you`ve told to consider getting a condensing boiler.
Personally i think you`re better of going on E-bay get your self a new P.C.B for 75 fat ones, Get it fitted and then forget about it. Apart from the old P.C.B these are quite a reliable boiler.

Back to condensing boilers if you want to save the planet with your emissions like the good old U.S of A then get a condenser . If you want a higher gas bill then also get a condenser.
This is now becoming a common problem where the customer belives there gas bill will plummet with a new condensing boiler.
In very few cases have i seen this to be the case
:?:

I have seen some failed new design suprima PCBS !!!

How can a condensing boiler consume more gas than a non condensing boiler? ( Unless its a Potterton perhaps? )

I wonder if the PCB reconditioners could do a Vitodens 300 WB3 main pcb? Actually badged Landis and Gyr or however its spelt after a bottle of Dumisani !

Tony

I have seen some failed new design suprima PCBS !!!

No, really ?

I wonder if the PCB reconditioners could do a Vitodens 300 WB3 main pcb? Actually badged Landis and Gyr or however its spelt after a bottle of Dumisani !

Given sufficient information, I don't see why not

Looking through my old posts I came across this. It actually turns out that the pressure was very low as I'd changed a radiator. I wasn't aware that there was a pressure valve next to the tank!

Thanks
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back