Potterton performa 24 eco he heating on all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unless I isolate the boiler the heating is on all the time, fault started that if you had hot water running then heating was on as well but now you have to isolate boiler power to stop the heating, any ideas please

Sponsored Links
It’s possible your 3 way valve has stuck. What controls do you have? Do you have any zoned heating?

It’s a combi boiler no zoned heating is 3 way valve in boiler as no external like the old days

switch the CH/Hw selector to HW only, does the heating still come on ? if it does the diverter valve has seized/needs servicing

Sponsored Links
Yea it still does it when on hw only, had someone out but I wasn’t convinced he new what he was doing, he wants to replace pcb board and control switch

Yea it still does it when on hw only, had someone out but I wasn’t convinced he new what he was doing, he wants to replace pcb board and control switch
just noticed that your boiler uses the horrible moulded diverter valve microswitch it will most certainly be that if yours has that, your problem is definately diverter valve related and not a pcb or control knob problem , your boiler seems to use two types do you have this type ?

Main_combi_24HE_leaking_diaphragm_5111137.jpg

Attachments

• Main_combi_24HE_leaking_diaphragm_5111137.jpg
    Main_combi_24HE_leaking_diaphragm_5111137.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 257

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back