Potterton Performa 24 no hot water

V

VivekMarwaha

Symptom:
The central heating works fine but hot water does not turn on. When I turn on the tap - after 5 seconds, there is hot water but only for a couple of seconds. After that, cold all the time. When I turn on the CH, the burner turns on but not when I turn on the hot water.

A brief history which may or may not help with dealing with my issue. Yesterday, the pressure was showing up at 2.2 and, unintentionally I raised it to 3 but still same problem. Then opened up the boiler, turned the red valve and reduced it down to 1. Still same problem although now I am having to keep the pressure valve slightly open as the pressure keeps dropping if I leave it closed.

Please give guidance. Cannot see any clear leaks. The only documentation I have is the manual in
http://www.potterton.co.uk/products/productDetails.php?type=consumer&idx=1096&cat=1
- so please refer to the diagram to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks a lot
Vivek

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the diaphragm gone. This isn't in the manuals you posted.

Take the outer case off and bottom left is a big round brass assembly with 2 small pipe vertically off it.

In front of this, attached, is a microswitch, this is actuated bt a small pin that is pushed out by the diaphragm. Turn your hot tap on and check that this pin pops out.

If not then a new diaphragm is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back