Potterton Performa 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having issues with the pressure on our Potterton Performa 24 boiler, it currently stands at zero. When the water is turned on it goes up to 0.2 absolute max. We're having issues getting hot water in our bathroom because of this.

I'm attaching a picture of our pipes - I've marked the two ends of the silver flexi pipe as 1 and 2, and also indicated where there is a flathead valve. One end is accessible, the other is not really as it's so close to the wall...

I know we're supposed to open a valve at one end of the silver flexi pipe (the flathead screw I'm guessing?) but we don't seem to have another valve on the other end. What should we do? Just open one until we hear water filling?

Please advise!

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 20.06.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 20.06.15.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 19.49.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 19.49.50.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Open the valve marked 1. If the other valve is open the slot for screwdriver would be in line with the pipe ,if it isn't you need to open that as well. Stupid position to have fitted it though !!

Read the manual.
I did this for my daughter's boiler and you have to open 2 valves on the boiler.

Yours might be same.

But as per the post above as well.

Always read the instructions.

Thanks for this. The issue is we can only access one of the valves. The other is either right up against the wall or it doesn't exist. We can't get there to look and say for certain.

Are there definitely two valves? What would happen if we just opened the valve marked 1?

Sponsored Links
Open valve marked 1 ,if pressure tops up all good. If the second fitting can't be reached then it can't be necessary to do so. I can't make out from your pic exactly what 2 is. It may be an isolation valve but I doubt it ,more likely to be a non return valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back