Potterton Performa 24 leaking help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Here's a question for all you heating engineers (I'm a drains and plumbing peasant!). My friends boiler Potterton Performa 24 is leaking from the front face of what I believe to be the diverter valve/3 way valve. There is a small nut with some sort of spindle in the centre, and the water is weeping slowly from this. (Mounted in front of this nut appears to be an electromagnetic switch if that helps?) Is this for bleeding air/ operating the diverter valve? Can this nut be replaced, is this a common problem.? Any feedback greatfully received :rolleyes:

This is the potterton pdf: http://www.potterton.co.uk/products/newliterature/Potterton Performa.pdf

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the little nut bit for the front of the Differential valve.

It has a little nylon bit inside that has worn out.

Isolate cold main inlet under the boiler. (Black leaver on 15mm pipe)
Open hot tap to release pressure.

Remove microswitch, unscrew nut and replace.

You should be able to get the little nut bit for the front of the Differential valve.

It has a little nylon bit inside that has worn out.

Isolate cold main inlet under the boiler. (Black leaver on 15mm pipe)
Open hot tap to release pressure.

Remove microswitch, unscrew nut and replace.

Do you know where I can obtain this part thanks steve

Sponsored Links
Quite probably the very small, about 1mm 'o' ring has gone around the spindle.

Whilst doing this I would recommend changing the diaphragm as well.

All the bits should be in the diaphragm kit available from your local parts center. Should be open in the morning.

Don't forget to shut the cold mains inlet off under the boiler ;)

Quite probably the very small, about 1mm 'o' ring has gone around the spindle.

Whilst doing this I would recommend changing the diaphragm as well.

All the bits should be in the diaphragm kit available from your local parts center. Should be open in the morning.

Don't forget to shut the cold mains inlet off under the boiler ;)

thanks for that

cheers
steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back