Potterton Performa 24 diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with a stuck diverter valve on a potterton performa 24. CH comes on when DHW is running, which points to a faulty diverter.

When i run the hot water, both switches are activated, so it would appear that the diagphrams are intact.

Do i need to replace the whole assembly, or is it likely to be something that would be solved by dismantling and cleaning?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most tradesmen just replace the valve. That way there is no risk of anything going wrong and getting a dreaded callback.
If you as a DIYer have the time and patience then strip it down I believe there is a repair kit available but remember if you make a mistake somewhere it could take some time to put it right.

I normally only replace the whole valve.

On one occasion I had plenty of time and spent it with friends lovely girlfriend on the patio and dismantled the valve, boiler it in citric acid and then reassembled with silicone grease.

It worked for a few weeks and then jammed again. It makes me wonder if the spring at the back gets weak!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back