Potterton Performa 28 boiler problem

Sponsored Links
Its ok its now thursday so you can take over, being an old fart i will have to start my weekend early and have rest :LOL:

I dont want to interfere with this tripartite thread!

But its amusing that all three display such typical BG characteristics!

None give their locations and none give their real names! Thats clearly learnt from their days at BG.

I get called about once a month from real BG engineers and they all say " British Gas engineer here". When I ask their name all they usually give is their first name! ( For some reason its usually Dave! ) If I press, they mostly refuse to give their second name!

I can only assume this is somehow because they are hiding their identities to avoid blame for doing a bad job. Why other would anyone not want to be proud enough to give their full name?

Tony Glazier

I dont want to interfere with this tripartite thread!

no, you do. oh wait, you have. :rolleyes:

None give their locations and none give their real names! Thats clearly learnt from their days at BG.

oh right. would this be the days at BG where their name was clearly printed on their shirt, it still is for me. if that wasn't enough they had a pay number and their full name was available to any customer should they wish it, mine still is. better yet the customer could always ask and i would tell them.

I get called about once a month from real BG engineers and they all say " British Gas engineer here". When I ask their name all they usually give is their first name! ( For some reason its usually Dave! ) If I press, they mostly refuse to give their second name!

what?!? :confused:

I can only assume this is somehow because they are hiding their identities to avoid blame for doing a bad job. Why other would anyone not want to be proud enough to give their full name?

a common problem of yours that has been proven without any shadow of a doubt is your ability to assume anything, even if it is the least likely scenario since an OP assumed you know what you are talking about, you are guaranteed to jump to the wildest of all conclusions.

a moron, such as yourself posting his name for all and sundry to see, does not make himself or his actions or advice any more valid than mine or anyone else who chooses to keep their identity private. i keep my identity hidden as much as possible because i am sometimes scathing of my employer and his employees actions. surprisingly i do not wish to lose my job because of it. i also have no wish to meet tedious fools such as yourself tony, you constantly brag about the named regulars on here and how you have met most of them, i can only say god help them. and god help you too as if i did meet you i would surely inflict bodily harm against your self rightious body.

Sponsored Links
I had to change my plans for today, i was heading along to coventry but when i saw Agile was going today aswell i just could not take the risk of bumping into him
Tony the reason you probably put your full name is because you are always trying to drum up business on this site and have your name in quite a few free london publications.
Amazes me why someone who seemingly regularly has to sort BG jobs out and has 100% fix rate and most of them done in one visit has to advertise i would have thought just word of mouth from satisfied customers would have kept them too busy .

And as nickso says name on tee shirt and full name and payroll number on print out to customer.

LIKE the word tripartite though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back