Potterton Performa 28, not lit/error led lit up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've trawled the internet for a solution to this but to no avail so hopefully someone could help me out?

Boiler was working fine on Sunday night went to use hot water in the morning nothing happened, tried the central heating, nothing going on there either, the 60° led is flashing, which indicates "Fault on pump or low pressure" the pressure was a little low so I filled it to 2. Nothing.

I also noticed the pilot light was not lit and have tried to find some sort of internal reset button, again with no luck, there is only the external reset, which doesn't do anything either.

So my question is, is there any way to light it manually or does that not even matter because the pump is knackered and I need a new one anyway?

Any information at all would be much appreciated. As I'm freeeezing
:eek:

P.S. sorry for the long post, first timer and didn't want to leave anything out.

Sponsored Links
No pilot light,or way to light manually,is there power going to the pump,is it spinning?

Ah right, does it just light itself as and when then?

No the pump isn't spinning

Sponsored Links
Aye I'd pretty much come to that conclusion, got someone coming on Friday, thanks for replying though :D

Reset is the button on the left , turn it to the R and hold it there for ten seconds.

There is no pilot light.

IF your pump is shot then nothing will work can you not hear it when it initially trys to come on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back