Potterton Performa 30HE boiler flashing 60 degree light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i hope someone can help.
I have a Potterton Performa 30HE boiler and it is getting a flashing 60degree light which suggests it is a pressure problem but the pressure gauge shows between 1 and 1.5 bar.
I have checked various forums and a common fault that comes up is a faulty pressure sensor, is this an easy fix and if yes where is it on the boiler.
Any help would be appreciated before I have to call an engineer out
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll be best having a look in the manu's instructions available online.
You should have continuity between the two terminals.
It's possible that the sensor is blocked, or the capillary tube that connects to the gauge is blocked too.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, the gauge does move as I put the pressure up slightly and the needle moved ok.

Sometimes it will run OK and then it will just have the constant flashing 60 degree light. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the hot water was running ok from the tap in the kitchen near the boiler but upstairs when running the hot water tap is was not triggering the boiler to run now matter how much the tap was running and then the 60 fault light flashed.

Suspected weak or sticking pump.

the pump proving switch will be sticking and needs stripping and cleaning and new diaphragm at same time

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back