Potterton Performa HE30 No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just part drained the system to disconnect a radiator and fit it in a different position in the same room, the water that drained from the radiator was rather mucky. After refilling and venting everywhere I find that although the CH works OK, the DHW does not.
With the boiler set to CH/DHW the heating is OK but Cold at the DHW outlet. With boiler set to DHW only the boiler does not ignte when outlet tap turned on.
Would appreciate any help.
Ian

Sponsored Links
That was a foolish thing to do.

You may have air in the boiler and bleeding the pump may help as might checking the AAV.

Tony

Thanks for your quick reply, I have checked the points you mentioned, unfortunately with no luck. I examined the Diverter Valve and notice that with DHW outlet tap running, the rear pushrod operates but not the front pushrod. If I operate the microswitch with a screwdriver the burner ignites.
I'm guessing that when I drained down I shifted a lot of muck into the Diverter Valve.
Does that seem feasible, would appreciate your opinion.
Thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
It will be more than likely a case of sods law the diaphragm has been ready for splittin and its gone as you have had water on and off to boiler.

Change the diaphragm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back