Potterton Performa -no hot water or heating-Update!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have a potterton performa 24 combi boiler, in a one bed victorian flat. My fiancee and i bought the flat in August and were told then the boiler was almost brand new. We have since learnt (by calling potterton) that its was actaully made in 2001.
Since we moved in the boiler has been dodgy- not enough (lukewarm)water and rads sometimes worked.
But in the last month or so its got much worse,we now have no hot water(not even luke warm) if you run the hot tap slowly, the burner comes on for a few seconds then switches off, this repeat's a dozen or so times in a few mins.
No other lights or noises are going on, just a constant annoying tick as it switches on then off

We've had a corgi guy out three times,but says he cant find anything wrong and will the potterton helpline for more info but i dont think he has a clue.
Dec 1st and not hot waer or heating- even the cats cold!!

Any help is welcome

Thanks

A very cold natalie :)

Sponsored Links
You could call the people who actually service potterton boilers. They are actually a part of pottertonso they will be able to diagnose the problem for sure. see

http://www.heateam.co.uk/index2.html

They also carry all the common potterton parts so they don;t have to waste time ordering stufff and waiting for it.

No idea how expensive they are though.

sanjay

£220.00 including parts and labour. Probably a problem caused by lack of flushing by the installer, the narrow water ways in the hot water heat exchanger get blocked with debris from the heating system. 08706096096 is heateams number..

A competent independent engineer should be able to deal with the problem for rather less if its a clogged plate heat exchanger which seems likely.

You also imply there is a problem with the heating but dont give enough information to give any clues.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Just to let you know.................. we now have hot water and heating!!!! yey!

Just hope this helps someone else in the future!

Basically we called potterton and they wanted a laughable amount of money just as a call outcall out charge :evil:
So we got another plumber in (finally someone who actually seemed bothered we were in december with no hot water or heating and had been for many months!)

Anyway, long story short, it was the "themister" (spelling might be a bit out there!) its a little thing about an inch long, which when the plumber tested with a volts machine was deader than a rusty old door nail!

Lots of lovely water and heat just in time for christmas!

Thanks for your help anyway,

nat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back