Potterton Prima 30F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse the lack of technical jargon as I am very new to all of this. Basically I have a Potterton Prima 30F that is not working. I took some advice off of an acquaintance in the trade - who is unfortunately too busy at the moment to come round to fix it. The long and short of it is the fan seemed to be spinning round making a racket of a noise, and it is not lighting. I was advised to get the fan changed, and this is something apparently easy to do for someone with basic DIY skills. I asked should it not be carried out by a CORGI registered person?? I have sourced the new fan assembly part, original fan must now be obsolete and can only come up with a 909000 which is equivalent for a Prima 30E. The problem is I have removed the old fan etc but cannot for the life of me disconnect the two wires that connect into the little black round plastic thing which connects to the power supply. I am looking for a hand..... can anyone help as the new fan is coming tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Replacing the fan should not be done by anyone other than an RGI. It is responsible for the safe intake of air for combustion and the expulsion of the products of combustion. Also to do this you have broken the case seal which separates you and your family from possible CO poisoning.

Put the tools down and step away from the boiler!!! Call an RGI and have it done correctly and safely. Are your lives worth skimping on £60???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back