Potterton Prima 60F Fan Problem - Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The fan on my Potterton Prima 60F boiler has failed and as such we have no heating (hot water thanks to the immersion!). When I try to spin the fan blades it struggles and squeaks.

New fans are very expensive and I was wondering whether it was possible to grease or oil the fan unit as this is what I think it needs (could be wrong of course).

Any help, hints or tips welcome.

TIA
Daz

Sponsored Links
sorry but fans are in gas chamber thus i can only recomend you get rgi to actualy have a look

If you tried to spin the fan then you have obviously removed the front cover.Best of luck to you.Get a Pro in to ensure boilers safety.

Yeah, spun the fan. Would like to know if it's possible to grease / oil the fan and if possible the correct method.

Sponsored Links
If you oil the fan today, you may get it to work, untill Christmas Eve ... and guess what you will have a cold christmas!! Seriously the only answer is to get a RGI to replace it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back