Potterton Prima 50F wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Prima 50F that is trying to start heating the water, but every time the thing starts up it goes for about 5 seconds then stops again.

I then tries again, but after another 5 seconds it stops again. It keeps doing this over and over again so I have turned it off.

It is about 18 years old, and we did have the main "circuit board" replaced a year ago but it has run OK ever since.

Does it sound easy to fix?

Is it time to replace the boiler? (I wish I had taken advantage of the boiler scrappage scheme, but I believe it has finished)

Sponsored Links
That on/off you describe is classic pcb failure.Easy to change.Scrappage scheme has stopped.18 yrs is a good life and most parts are still available for that boiler,but it's not that efficient.Good time for a change.

Sponsored Links
If we swapped the bolier for a like for like (same make or different) what cost are we talking about.

For the boiler

For fitting it

Rough guide is enough.

dont change the boiler get someone in to change the PCB

no boiler on the market is as realiable as the old prima/profile IMHO

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back