potterton prima 50f boiler with a mind of it's own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my potterton prima 50f boiler has decided to come on in the middle of the night even when the timer is stating it is off. As far as I am aware it is just the heating coming on,but the only way to turn it off when it does this is to unplug the boiler manually, neither the thermostat nor timer work(I suppose this is because they also think the boiler is off, or should be)!The boiler is turning itself on as the timer states it should be off or on timed. Then it will go back to working normally during the day then it will happen again the following night. I have been told it is more than likely the PCB! Is this correct.

Sponsored Links
First things to check are any motorised valves. They're what actually turn the boiler on, and water can get into the switches inside - or they just go wrong by themselves...

Thanks for your quick response will have a look a friend did mention it could be the 3 port valve

Sponsored Links
could be a frost stat somewhere, this would override 'off' settings at programmer and room stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back