Potterton Prima 60B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!!

We have got a Potterton Prima 60B and a BoilerMate 2.

We are quite happy with our system as it is but recently I have realised that the BM was constantly running and heatting the water.

After days of investigating and checking everything I have figured out that it is boiler itself not heating water enough. BM works on just over 70C and boiler on max should heat water to above 80C. I have check the water temp coming out from the boiler and it is approx. 64C. Boiler is not locking off or anything it's seems to work just fine but keeping water at 64C.

Is my think that it is a Boiler thermostat that need replacing? (approx. £25 on eBay) or is that might be something else?

Sponsored Links
To replace the boiler stat will involve opening the combustion chamber cover which is for Qualified personnel only ;)

That for your quick answer. that would be my second question "can i do it myself" :)

But is that look like the boiler thermostat need replacing or would you consider anything else as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back