Glowworm boiler cuts out

jtc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Glowworm sxi boiler, the whole central heating system (closed system) is just 3 years old. The boiler used to run at about 64C and was constant at that temperature when there was demand for heating or hot water. Now as soon as it gets there it cuts out, the pump still goes, it cools down reignites, gets to 64C and cuts out again etc. I can raise the operating temp to 82C which gives the boiler longer to run but it does the same again when it reaches this temp. Does not matter whether its heating or hot water although it cuts out earlier with just water as it is a shorter loop. Anyone have any ideas its as if the boiler cannot regulate its own temperature or theres a blockage maybe preventing circulation although the rads do heat up. Any ideas would be helpful thanks.

Sponsored Links
iv`e got a heatline solaris 30pc combi boiler and that does it as well, as far as i know they`re supposed to work like that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back