Potterton Problems

The quoted 200 pounds is replacing the PRV and doing a de-scale. He hasn't mentioned the expansion vessel.
How much are these for 28i ? £80?

Also the unit is in the roof void and there is about a metre of space above it, so loads of room.

Sponsored Links
i recon its fifyt/fifty, i change them all the time like that, you only need about 500mm, and you can check before you start by offering it up...

honest, id dose work, and its the difference between an hour and a half and 3 hours labour.....

I can see that it woul jason and wish that it was the case that icould do it but there just never is enough room

bloody pottertons ;)

Sponsored Links
jasonvaughan said:
also if you boilers under 7 years old, call heateam i belive the cost is about 189 for an appliance under 5 years, and 259 for one over 5 years, and that is a fix fee, includes all call out, parts and labour (prices may not be exact, but not far off)...

Thanks for this, gave them a call. Ours is 3 years old and they said it would be £259 up front or less at £249 if we pay direct debit over 6 months???

Yes, it does.
It sounds too good to be true considering we were told it would cost about £500 to fix ours.

our engineers are pretty good, just make sure you explain it keeps loosing presure, and if you have already tried recharging, make sure you tell them this, as this will be what they will try first before booking a joint visit to replace the tank...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back