Potterton Profile 100 not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, new here.

I was doing some wiring work earlier and the power cut off. Unfortunately the boiler was left on constant and the cut off of power took place whils the boiler was in full flow. Since putting the power back on the boiler has not been igniting at all. It goes through the motions and all but it just doesnt light. Please help!!!
I cant find the reset on the boiler itself anywhere. I've tried resetting the control panel but it still doesnt work.

Had this problem once before and called out a corgi guy to look at it. He removed the cover tapped a screwdriver on something and it fired up immediately. To be honest i dont think he even know how he did it but still charged me £90 for around 6 mins work! I'm sure its the same thing again.. any and all advice is urgently appreciated..

Sponsored Links
The Profile doesn't have a reset as such, though the overheat can pop out sometimes. You'll find this if you look up to the under side of the botttom grey casing. You will see a small round hole and within this a red button with a cross on it. Push this in and see if it clicks. Though i'm pretty sure that when this pops out it kills the boiler dead, so you won't find it 'going through the motions'. More likely you have a pcb (electronic control unit) fault (dry joint). When your man tapped it and it started sometimes happens, though this is not regarded as a 'repair' by most engineers. Give us some more clues: does the fan continually run or 'on/off'? do you have a spark? does the pilot light? etc.
I will be happy to come around and tap the thing for a mere £85 (and promise to stay for seven mins).

lol.. i don't believe it. Went downstairs. Found the red button which has a cross on it. Pressed it in. Made a slight click. Took the switch to 'constant' and voila! It sure as hell fired up! That has just saved me some good money! Thanks for that! It works and i can shower and shave tomorrow morning with lovely hot water! thanks my friend

Glad it worked for you. Though you still may have have the pcb problem which can be common on Profiles. This may become an intermittant problem, or be fine for ages.
ps my offer still stands!

Sponsored Links
there may be a reason for the over heat stat to trip

might not be the end of the problem

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back