Potterton Profile 60E shuts down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Profile 60E will not stay fired up. I noticed I had no hot water or heating (luckily its currently summer) & the boiler was not fired up. Feeling the boiler casing it felt warm to indicate it had been on. So I switched the controller to constant & whacked the room thermastat up to see if the boiler would burst into life. Nothing happened. My boiler guage was set to 5, so I moved this up to max. Shortly after the boiler burst into life for roughly 60-90 seconds then went off. I left it for a day whilst I sought advice. Tried again next day, pressed re-set button underside and shortly after the boiler fired up again. Hooray! Ran again for approx 2 mins then cut out again and no life since. Changed PCB approx 3 years ago fror a re-con one. Thought about changing this again. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
It could be a circulation problem.
Make sure there is water in the system and that the pump is running.

I will check this out. I have recently had some gurgling noises from the pipework in the loft, could this be air? Thanks for the reply.

The ball cock on the feed and expansion tank might have jammed or the cold feed pipe could be blocked.

Sponsored Links
I will check this out. Thanks. It will be tomorrow now. goodnight. Thanks again.

If you bleed the highest radiator in the house, does water squirt out forcefully?

If yes, you have enough water

If no, you haven't, so then you look in the f&e tank as that is the first and easiest next check. It could be full or empty.

Just checked my water and and everything is fine there. Just tried starting the heating up again, and checked the pump. There is no vibration and the pump gets red hot. The pipes in and out either side are cold, but the pump is hot. Do I need a new pump?

There is clearly voltage on the pump James because its getting hot!

The pump is jammed Simmo.

Look at the FAQ for how to unseized a pump!

Tony

Just Hit it with a hammer. The pump is now working. My boiler is now working. Thank you guys.

No wonder the pump in the video is jammed!

Its been fitted at the wrong angle!

Thought that Andy would have noticed!

Shaft should be horizontal !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back