Potterton Profile 60E shuts down

Sponsored Links
Not only does it appear to be fitted with the shaft at an angle above the horizontal, but it has been fitted with the electrical connections underneath instead of on top!

Reminds me of when I had pointed out one like that to a trainee who mentioned it to the installer.

The installer replied he had fitted hundreds like that. Trainee replied " well you have fitted hundreds wrongly then!"

Tony

Sponsored Links
I couldn't be rsed to comment DP.....just shows the incompetence...

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Exactly!

It shows that you must not mount with the shaft vertical!

upload_2016-6-28_23-36-32.png

With a little thought you will deduce that it should not be fitted at about 45 degrees either.

For exactly the same reason which all RGIs should be aware of!

Tony

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-28_23-35-40.png
    upload_2016-6-28_23-35-40.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 99
Exactly!

It shows that you must not mount with the shaft vertical!

View attachment 101227

With a little thought you will deduce that it should not be fitted at about 45 degrees either.

For exactly the same reason which all RGIs should be aware of!

Tony
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...what has it got to do with a RGI FFS..
Shaft should rise slightly above the horizontal.
RTFM..
BTW ..why are you fitting circulators when you're clearly NOT a heating engineer.

Tony there is no denying the pump shaft should not be vertical, (marked with a big cross in the manual), else Grundfos people would be cross and you could get smacked for fitting the pump like that :ROFLMAO:

The video does not show pump in that orientation!!

Perhaps you could say what the point is of your post and how it is relevant to Youtube clip

Dilalio, hand on heart, Tony is a clever man.

He shoots himself in the foot when he starts saying how good he is and believes others fail to raise above mediocre level?

Hey, I get that! :)
My "oh dear" was because I knew he'd not thunk it through...
Measure twice: cut once! :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back