Potterton Profile Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I discounted a bathroom sink and radiator and since then the boiler ignites but goes out after about 20 seconds - I only have the Hot water system enabled. I have a feeling it may be to do with an air lock and pressure in the pipe, but how do I clear the air.

The other problem is that the reset switch appear to get stuck and will not release to allow me to reset and ignite the boiler.

Any advice will be very much appreciated especially as it's bank hoilday tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Look for a bleed valve by your HW cylinder.

I don't think the discount you gave on the bathroom sink will be contributory...

Thank you. The problem did appear to be pressures, once alleviated the boiler continues to run.

One other slight problem which could well be connected is that although the central heating is off, the CH pump continues to run. It is also getting very hot. I managed to physically turn off using the speed switch. But turning the boiler off and then starting the pump it still constantly runs.
Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
It WILL run if the boiler is still hot , there's an "overrun " thermostat.
But they do go faulty , in which case they can hold the boiler on continuously, or just the pump. Manual is here http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back