Potterton promax 12 sl boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anybody know much about these boilers? Do they have a constantly lit pilot light or just fire on command?
I've looked through the sight glass with hot water and heating turned off and can't see a pilot, I only see a flame if the hw or ch is on.

I need to do a gas usage check with everything turned off, EDF are saying we are using an average of 56 kwh of gas a day, yet our heating is off and only have the hw on for a hour or so a day. Need to see if the meter registers any usage with the boiler off

Sponsored Links
No they are light on demand, so no permanent pilot. Do you have any other gas appliances?

We have a gas oven but it only gets used maybe 3 times a week, we have already done a gas usage experiment form the oven.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Have you checked this against meter readings?
EDF are saying we are using an average of 56 kwh of gas a day, yet our heating is off and only have the hw on for a hour or so a day. Need to see if the meter registers any usage with the boiler off

This is from meter readings.
Nothing adds up, in feb/ March this year we averaged around 20kwh a day. Then April to August we were averaging 59kwh a day and then Aug/sept 11.5 kwh a day...it just doesn't add up, in April to August it was warmer, we were on holiday for 7 days, went for long days out and therefore ate out yet our average daily gas consumption was triple what it was in feb/march. All these are from actual readings. I've just done a meter reading with an hour interval, in that hour the meter says we have used 1.5 kwh of gas, nothing is on, boiler is off and oven hasn't been used!!! EdF are still failing to understand that there is an issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Do you have zoned heating? Try turning the ecv off, and note the gas meter readings, take photos for evidence, if it registers gas usage, then you would have a case for a refund and possibly negligence imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back