POTTERTON PROMAX 15HE

this would appear to be your heating motorised valve. this is most likely your problem. with this off the vlavle like how you have it at the minute turn the clock on to heating and see if the valve moves over to open.

Sponsored Links
With the motorised valve in place when I move the red wheel slightly, the motor takes over and puts the valve back into the closed position.

Is that good or bad?? Should it do that??

When I take the motorised box off I can, with an adjustable spanner, manually turn the valve to open or closed.

Hope that gives you the information that you need.

youv'e lost me now. but that valve you had off is the head of the motorised valve. that valve when a call is intiatiated send power down to the boiler to fire up, so if that valve isnt motoring over then it is knackered and needs replacing.

Sorry for the confusion. That valve and its motorised part both seem to be working.

What I was trying to say is that if I try and turn the wheel on my own ie it has not received that 'order' from the boiler, it automatically self-rights itself.

Sponsored Links
Ruled out combustion chamber seal and motorised heating valve.

What is next on the list of likely culprits

Please don't give up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back