Potterton prt2 thermostat replacement? Wireless?

Sponsored Links
Hello Edgaras and welcome to the forum.

The brown wire in Potterton terminal 2 is the live supply. It goes to your new thermostat terminal (4) and using the link wire also to terminal (1)

The black wire with the red sleeve in Potterton terminal 3 is H (Heating) and goes to your new thermostat terminal (2)

The grey wire in Potterton terminal 5 is N (Neutral) and goes to your new thermostat terminal (3)

gc.JPG

If you have any separate heating time control elsewhere, such as on the boiler, that will need to be set to be permanently 'on'

Last edited:
I connect everything how you sad. Beca 2000 working good only one thing when i up temperature boiler dont start working and radiators not heating. Seperate time control is always on. Maybe need swicth cables positions?

Its correct thermostat because i see its different schema how to connect here show load not dry contact.
IMG_20190222_053807.jpg

Sponsored Links
I thing is last GC schema for me.

OK, so you said that you had a GC thermostat as below....
gc.JPG

....So why have you tried to connect a GB thermostat that is designed for electric underfloor heating?

Capture.JPG

They are not the same. They are different thermostats for different applications and are wired up differently.

Last edited:
So not possible this one connect like gc. I dont know if they send wrong one. Because i buy the last one.

Ideally, you should change the GB thermostat for a GC thermostat, or at least check with the manufacturer to see if the GB would be suitable for your application.

I can tell you how to connect the GB thermostat to the existing wires, but whether the thermostat’s internal workings will be suitable for controlling your heating system or not I can’t say. The GB thermostat is shown connected to a resistive load, so it may, or may not be suitable for your application. If you try it, then it is totally at your risk.

The brown wire in Potterton terminal 2 is the live supply. This corresponds with your new thermostat terminal (4) ‘L’

The black wire with the red sleeve in Potterton terminal 3 is H (Heating) and corresponds to your new thermostat terminal (1) ‘L1’

The grey wire in Potterton terminal 5 is ‘N’ (Neutral) and corresponds to thermostat terminal (3) 'N'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back