Digital replacement for PRT2 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope this is the right forum for this question.

My PRT2 room thermostat is acting up on me and I'm looking to replace it with a new digital (possibly programmable) one. Now, I've done a search of the net, but with the usual deluge of options, I'm lost as to which one would be best/suitable/usable.

It will only be used for the CH and is only to replace the PRT2 stat.
I would like it to be mains powered (is that 4 wire? I'm assuming my current PRT2 is mains powered/4 wired). Although, I am willing to try a battery powered one if people think they are very usable and don't require lots of battery changes.
It must be wall mountable i.e. doesn't require a back box/flush mounting (similar to how the PRT2 is mounted).

I don't want a wireless one. I'm young enough to be able to get up and check the stat on the wall :)
Plus, I don't want to go overboard on price. £100 MAX.

My boiler is a potterton suprima (can't find the model number) which had a new PCB installed approx 6 months ago (due to a manufacturing fault).
The house itself is less than 10 years old.

Is that enough info? Can anyone offer me some recommendations?

Cheers
Kipling

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This signature isn't automatic. I have to type it in every time

Sponsored Links
I would go for the siemens REV23 programmable room stat. Does everything apart from make the tea.

Should come in at well under your maximum budget.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back