potterton prt2 to honeywell cm907 wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just decided to upgrade but I need help with wiring (not great at DIY!). I currently have a potterton prt2 thermostat wired as follows -

What wires go into what in the Honeywell CM907 unit on slot a, b and c!

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Red to A, yellow to B, terminate the blue safely as it isn't required.

red to A yellow to B and snip and make sfe the blue (neutral)

Sponsored Links
Similar to the OP, I need to replace a PRT2. My local heating supplies sold me a Honeywell T6360 with this wiring diagram....

upload_2019-1-26_12-54-46.png

They told me the Red & Yellow wires in the PRT2 go to 1 & 3 in the Honeywell (which way round is irrelevanwhich wires from the PRT2 wiring go where, please? The instructions say a neutral connection must be made to terminal 2 when the heating load is less than 6 Amps. I'm afraid this is mandarin to me, I've no idea whether my heating load is less than or more than 6 Amps (how can I tell?). What is the difference

(I pressed 'back' on the browser to start again but it seems to have been posted!). I wanted to add that my PRT2 is wired a bit differently to the OP's...

upload_2019-1-26_13-11-54.png

My brown (red above?) goes to T3 (rather than T2), my yellow goes to T4 (rather than T3). The rest is the same, i.e. blue to T5, and T2&4 linked. I don't know whether this affects the instructions I was given for connecting these wires to the T6360.

Yellow/green to 1, brown to 3 and blue to 2.

BTW the earth, yellow/green, should be over sleeved with brown (at both ends) as it isn't an earth in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back