POTTERTON PUMA 100 - NOISY 2ND FAN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if somebody could help with the following

apx 14 months ago the boiler became very noisy when on central heating or running hot water.
An engineer came and said the fan was broke, I paid apx £300 for it to have a new fan installed.

this solved the problem.

14 months after, same noises again in central heating and when running hot water.

Called same engineer and he said same problem, the fan he installed is out of warranty, as it only had 12 months warranty, he now wants £300 again for another new fan.

Has anybody else had this problem, as I am wondering is this going to happen again in another 14 months, these fans dont seem to last very long

help appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Was it a genuine fan?

Why are you paying £300. Fans are noramally around £120 and a 1/2 hr job so just a call out charge.

Hi, thanks for the reply, not sure if it was a genuine fan, thanks also for the info it should take 1/2 hour, will ask the engineer for breakdown of cost of fan & labour

Sponsored Links
Genuine pumps are a similar price but takes from 1/2 hour to an hour to fit depending on pipework and boiler position.

If it was the fan again and its a genuine part I would contact Potterton on behalf of the customer despite the warranty being only a year (they normally last about 7 years).

There are some issues with this boiler and its fan!

There are about four different fans and sometimes the wrong fans are fitted for various reasons.

The proper fans are very expensive now. I guess this is because Baxi have not made enough money from buying Potterton and are seeking to milk the spares even more.

Fans can fail prematurely if the gas settings are incorrect! He probably did not bother to check that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back