Potterton Puma 100e Low Pressure Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone has any advice about the above I would really appreciate it.

I am a complete novice but have replaced the water pressure switch as recommended in the fault finder in the instructions but the Low Pressure Light remains on.

Thanks very much. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply breezer.

I drained and refilled the system twice before I replaced the switch.

After replacing the switch, the light extinguished but when I repressurised the system the light came back on.

Is the fault a leak somewhere.

Many Thanks

what happens if you drain it, does the light go out? I am wondering if you have connected the pressure switch the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
I swapped the two cables to the pressure switch around (I have read on another forum that it doesn't matter which way around they go anyway) but the warning light remains on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply breezer, my faith in humanity has been restored !

when you removed the old switch did you poke something down the hole in the manifold to make sure there wasn't a blockage?
Also I've had pressure switches with the little plastic cover thingy on the wrong terminal. Look at the switch there's a little internal wiring diagram. Wires goto 1 and 3.

Thanks Weargas - I was just coming on to post exactly the same discovery !

The switch had come supplied with the plastic sleeve covering the wrong terminal as you said.

Many thanks to you Weargas and to you Breezy for taking the time to reply. The Boiler is working fine now and my 3 month old baby can get a bath without the need for kettles etc !

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

God bless you weargas, and all the others that regularly post here (breezer springs to mind).

My potterton puma 80 decided to report a low pressure light a few days ago, even though nothing had been done to the plumbing at all and the guage showed 1.5 bar as always. so i dutifully checked the diynot board and figured it must be the wps (water pressure switch) - disconnecting it as a check worked, so I bought a new wps for £25. it worked for a day.

I was about to launch an assault on the place that sold it to me when i stumbled across this post in a last minute bid for wisdom. and dont you know it the blank sleeve WAS over the wrong terminal on the new part - at least compared to the part that had been working for years. in my case it was terminals 1 & 2 that should be connected. so I switched the leads and it works!!!!!

moral
Always check the wiring when you buy a new part.

I would offer you my first born as a token of my undying gratitude - but you would probably never forgive me. so lets just say, as far as i'm concerned you guys are just fantastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back