Siemens RDJ10 on a Potterton Puma 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've purchased a Siemens RDJ10 RF programmable thermostat to fit with my Potterton Puma 100e. Can anyone please advise on wiring instructions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
M.I. together with the installation instructions for the stat will show you exactly how and what.

From kevs diagram L N for reciever from fuse spur connection 4 of boiler to Lx on reciever and from L1 on reciever to 3 on boiler.
wiring can be tight on these so usually best to fit single plastic back box behind it

Disconnect any existing external timer and set switch as per note 3

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys - According to the Pitterton instructions, a programmable thermostat should be fitted as an external timer, so I've concerned myself with connections 7, 8 and 9 on the boiler. I have connected up the L and N connections accordingly and connected Swl on the Potterton to L1 on the Siemens device - L1 = Live feed to item to be controlled, according to the Siemens instructions. The Siemens receiver is live and responds to the input from the wireless thermostat, but just doesn't switch the boiler on/off. Have I made a school-boy error here?

you did remove the link :idea:
You mean the link between 3 & 4? The Potterton instructions say that the link should be retained if a programmable room thermostat is being used. I did however remove it anyway just to see if it would make a difference and still no joy...

From kevs diagram L N for reciever from fuse spur connection 4 of boiler to Lx on reciever and from L1 on reciever to 3 on boiler.
wiring can be tight on these so usually best to fit single plastic back box behind it
Does that mean that Lx needs a live feed of it's own?

Yes from terminal 4 of boiler and back From L1 to terminal 3 of boiler

Yes from terminal 4 of boiler and back From L1 to terminal 3 of boiler
Okay, thanks, but bearing in mind that the Potterton manual says to treat a Programmable Thermostat as an External Timer, I guess the wiring should be as follows?:

Boiler 9(N) to Neutral on RDJ10
Boiler 8(L) to Live on RDJ10
Boiler 7 (Swl) to L1 on RDJ10
Boiler 8 or 4 (L) to Lx on RDJ10

Grateful if you'd confirm - don't want to blow anything...! Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back