Potterton Puma 100e pressure for shower?

mrk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I have a question about my Potterton Puma 110e. We have recently had the water mains sorted in our new house and the cold water pressure is now excellent. However, the hot water is not half a powerful which leads me to believe that it's to do with the boiler. It is registering at just over 1 bar but we want to install a shower and we need 2 bar pressure minimum. Should this make and model be able to reach 2 bar pressure or are we wasting our time. Very loathed to put in a new boiler as you would imagine.... Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Boiler pressure gauge is for central heating circuit only. It has no relevance to the water pressure in your taps

You need to put a pressure test gauge on the end of the tap to find out your answer.

You can get some great showers that work from 0.2 to 5 or 6 Bar by the way.

Thank you so much. Right, I will do that. Any particular recommendations for a blinding shower?

Sponsored Links
Depends how much money you have. I tend to stick to Bristan as a personal choice Mira are good as well.

If you pick a Bristan Shower, tell me what one and what price before you order it.

I use an Artisan at home its a chrome bar with on/off one side and temp control the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back