Potterton Puma 80 combi

If you do not remember ( or know ) what the resistance should be you measure the CH and the DHW sensors with the boiler cold and see if they are similar.

A surprising number of boiler MI do not actually give the resistance of the sensors.

My favourite manufacturer gives a graph of the resistance versus temperature!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to those who replied to my post for all the advice. Been busy so never had the chance to try some of it yet.

A couple of other things I noticed this morning, when the boiler is on my radiators get really hot even though the CH is off. Should I be worried?

Secondly I can't find a thermostat in the whole property, there are a couple of controls on the boiler for DHW & CH temparature but I would have expected a thermostat somewhere. Is this unusual?

:confused:

Great expectations!

It was always good practice to fit one! It is now a requirement of the building regs.

Few recent installations actually have one fitted. A fairly simple job and the cost can often be recovered within a year on fuel savings.

If you cannot find one then its probably because you dont have one!!!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
If I was called, I would definately prefer to be allowed to diagnose the problem on my own.

Unles the client pays cash in advance AND signs an indemnity, I never replace parts that the client THINKS are faulty! They are usually NOT the problem!

Tony Glazier

PROBABLY NOT THE DIVERTER VALVE BUT THE DIFERENTIONAL PRESSURE SWITCH AS DIVERTER WILL SWITCH TO HTG WHEN NO DHW DEMAND.

Aaargh - check for the red llight on your pcb. It should be OFF whn your HW is off, else your rads will go to v hot and the boiler will shut off.

Otherwise start a new thread!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back