Potterton Puma 80 e, lockout on DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, had a very quick look at one the other day and CH runs ok, but when HW is run the water gets to temp and goes to lock out after about 1 min. But the symptom is the gas goes out, tries to relight, recognises no gas and locks out. My solenoid tester stops spinning when gas goes out, so no power to sol? Really didnt want this job, too busy, but she wants me back to look cos of Heateam's call out charge :rolleyes: . Any pointers, no instructions and not my fave boiler............!

Sponsored Links
As the heating stays on, my thought would be pcb, especially as it know to be wobbly. Have you tried boiler stat on low/med/high to see if same problem occurs? Have seen enough ailing pumas but never with this problem. Baxi will send you a manual if she can wait that long.
Might be worth getting all the manuals for the different pumas, they are still common, easy to work on, and guaranteed to be repeat customers
:D

INstructions/manual at partsarena.com/baxi.

Sure it isn't after the hw demand has stopped that it goes off? =dhw flow sw.

These don't usually overheat on hw even if the pump stops :confused:

Sponsored Links
I
Sure it isn't after the hw demand has stopped that it goes off? =dhw flow sw.

These don't usually overheat on hw even if the pump stops :confused:

that's a good one, had not thought about that option. makes sense though as most problems on these are eithe diverter, swicht or pcb

Have you checked the mimimum gas burner setting on the gas valve?

It may modulate down and then the flame goes out!

I am assuming its the electronic version with no PP !

Or perhaps the flame detection electrode is out of position and cannot register a small flame???

Tony

Simple to test - does it get very hot??!
As it's OK on CH , and lights, I doubt it's low gas pressure.

Thanks all for the replies, going to have to find some enthusiasm and go look again. Just given up servicing 6-7 boilers a day AND ITS GREAT. Just srew it to the wall and f... ... now, lovely :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back