potterton puma 80,hot water problem

thanks for all your help,3 days ago i brought a kilrock maintenance kit and fed the cleaner in the system.after about two hours with the heating running i tried the hot water and it seemed fine and has been so far.i will leave it in for the 3 weeks it says and then flush the system using the filling loop method i read on here and then put the inhibiter in see how it goes.if i have sorted it could you please explain why the dhw side of heat exchanger doesn't normally sludge up and the system side caused my problem when it was always fine on the heating side,would really like to understand.thanks to you all.

Sponsored Links
Thats not how I told you to do it or what I told you to use. However if it still worked then you have been lucky.

It always surprises me why DIYers often decide to do something different to what they haev been advised.

The DHW side does not block up because mains water is clean and not dirty.

Your heating still worked because it only needs a few kilowatts whereas the hot water needs the maximum boiler output power.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back