Potterton Puma 80e boiler - pressure won't stabilise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me?

I bled my radiators early as they were making an awful noice. After I did this my boiler came on with a lower pressure system light and so i looked on this forum and it said to give the boiler more pressure. So I turned the valve on the hose and gave it more pressure but unfortunately I gave it to much - into the red. It went back down to just below the red line and now has stabilised just below - is this ok. I know it is meant to be 1.5 and I have no idea how to get it back down - i am not sure i can bleed radio anymore as nothing left. Is it ok to leave as it? Water and heating seem ok?

It is a potterton puma 80e - thanks a lot
Jess

Sponsored Links
turn off boiler from switch and bleed any radiator, catch water into a dish or any container until pressure goes down to 1 to 1.5 bar.

Thanks for this - very helpful. I have bleed the radiator and it has reduced the pressure but it is stuck at 2 - will this be sufficient? :( Thanks again

Sponsored Links
recheck the pressure when boiler has been left to cool down, it should drop. if not, faulty gauge. The boiler is ok to run at 2bar.. steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back