Potterton Puma 80e Water Hot & Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I posted a similar post while back but am looking for some fresh advice.

I have the boiler model mentioned in the subject feeding a mixer tape shower (no thermostatic control). If I have a shower in the evening the shower is perfect; lovely constant flow & temperature with the ability to adjust as required. If I try to have a shower in the morning however the temperature goes from hot to cold constantly as does the water flow; as the boiler cycles from ignited to not. There is no differences in the house at these different times so I can only think that maybe water pressure to the house is causing this as maybe in the morning the water flow is not sufficient enough to take the heat from the boiler. Am I barking up the right tree & if so is this something that can be rectified or tweaked?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has limited modulation range and if the supply pressure is too low has to turn the burner off.

The first step is to get both gas settings checked by a reg engineer.

Tony

Agile thanks for the reply. Can you guys recommend anyone in the South East London / Kent area?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back