Potterton Puma 80e

How can I check if the pump is faulty, i've checked and there is voltage ok to it. Is there anyway I can check it before replacing it with a new one.

Remove it and test it.

On FULL flame it would boil v quickly.
As the man says, sounds like Diverter, but could just be the pump messing about I suppose. Haven't seen either work in bursts

Look at the wax capsute located INSIDE the divertor.

To locate it, find the most difficult part to change. Go away, come back and realise its even more of a bit*h to change that you first thought. Then buy a wax capsule.

20 min job. No dripping taps I presume?

David

Sponsored Links
David, although I have not seen it myself, ACOperson has told me that he has seen some puma diverters on late models which dont have the end cap which can be removed to change the wax stat.

Has anyone else seen them and particularly can anyone give any explanation about them?

Tony

Hi all,

Pump checks out ok. I'll change the wax capsule next. Good point from fela kuti, When constant demand for CH is called for the burner lights but stays on one pressure setting if in the meantime DHW is called for the burner goes into high fire. As soon the demand for DHW is removed the burner returns into Low fire.
In the manual, commissioning section, this is how it describes the burner startup for CH "set central Switch to constant. The burner will light and remain at low pressure for 2 minutes, after which time it will go to maximum pressure. "

Does this apply only at commissioning stage or do you expect the Pressure to modulate as above at all times. :confused:

David, although I have not seen it myself, ACOperson has told me that he has seen some puma diverters on late models which dont have the end cap which can be removed to change the wax stat.

I, like you Tony would like to know any Puma boilers that have a wax capsule that cannot be replaced.

Not seen one yet, and I thought the Puma's were replaced by what Potterton called 'the Combi 80 or 100 range'.

Same divertor with access to the wax capsule.

Interesting though Tony.

David

Sponsored Links
All wax capsule diverters are easily replaced ...........

unless you know better :eek:

baxpoti - they mean just the wax capsule, not the whole diverter.

changed the diverter valve and still same problem.

Called in a corgi engineer and bingo the fault is as fella kuti thought. Main burner not going onto high fire in CH mode after 90 seconds, as the manual says.

But wait, the corgi engineer is lost. he hasn't got a clue how to fix it. After 4 hrs he gave up.

Please help. Is the sequence board at fault here. The gas valve modulates ok for tap hot water demand.

Soggy_weetabix said:
Go away, come back and realise its even more of a bit*h to change that you first thought.
Um, just curious - what's so difficult about changing a Puma DV?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back