Puma 80e ch not working

Sponsored Links
The system pressure is 1. The central heating stopped working yesterday and this morning the low pressure system light was on so that neither hot water nor heating was working.

I drained the system and removed and cleaned the water flow switch. This seemed to fix the hot water problem but heating is still not working and I have this leak.

Does the boiler not react at all, or does it go an on and off without heating the rads?

Sponsored Links
When the heating is switched on there is no reaction at all from the boiler

Sounds like a duff timer or roomstat, or faulty connection to one of them.

When CH is selected the pump should run.

You could spin the pump as explained in the FAQ and see if its free.

You should not have touched the CH valves as they always leaf afterwards! The sometimes stop later!

Tony

No pump sound detected. It is as if the ch switch is disconnected

The system pressure is 1. The central heating stopped working yesterday and this morning the low pressure system light was on so that neither hot water nor heating was working.
Why am I not surprised?

I drained the system and removed and cleaned the water flow switch. This seemed to fix the hot water problem
What hot water problem? You said that it was fine.

but heating is still not working and I have this leak.
So, what were the original symptoms?

Please list all of the problems, including the ones that you don't want to reveal, and the ones that you think you might have fixed.

Also, please give details of who else worked on the system, and what they did. Please list everyone who did, including your father-in-law who isn't Gas Safe registered.

First the central heating stopped working, which we only noticed last night. The pressure at the time was normal. Then this morning we woke up to find that the central heating and the hot water had stopped working. The low pressure system warning light was on.

I then tried represssurising the system which had no effect. I then draining the system and then removed and cleaned the water flow switch which was clogged up. This assisted in fixing the hot water problem and we now have hot water and no warning lights appearing.

The central heating still does not work and when I switch the CH on either from the timer or on constant nothing happens, no noises. I have however, noticed that the central heating flow isolating valve is leaking. The leak is constant and as a result the pressure seems to be dropping over time.

I suspect that the valve needs changing but not sure if this will fix the central heating.

Isovalve needs replacing, but won't solve the problem.
First thing to check is the timer, followed by the roomstat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back