Potterton Puma 80e

msp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After running the central heating for an hour the rads only get slightly warm. I have flushed the system recently. The Flow pipe from the Puma 80e only gets slightly warm as well. It does however have bursts of getting very hot for a few seconds. The boiler is constantly on full fire and doesn't cut out. The hot water taps and shower work fine. Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Start with changing the diverter valve, this should cure the problem

It's true, the boiler stays on and doesn't cut out at all, i've watched it for 20 minutes. I agree the heat has to go somewhere, its a combi boiler other than a hot water tap where else can the heat go. As i said there are bursts of very hot water through the flow pipe for a few seconds.

Sponsored Links
On FULL flame it would boil v quickly.
As the man says, sounds like Diverter, but could just be the pump messing about I suppose. Haven't seen either work in bursts :confused:

The hot water taps and shower work fine. Any suggestions.[/quote]

Can't be the pump then

ChrisR How do you do that quote highlighted thing?

guys I haven't got a manual for the boiler, where abouts is the diverter valve located.

The hot water taps and shower work fine. Any suggestions.

Can't be the pump then
But Pumas are quite happy to provide HW with the pump not working, it can get a bit hot.

I think i'm stuck with the worst boiler on the planet! The tap water does actually fluctuate in temperature, sometimes very very hot.

How can I check if the pump is faulty, i've checked and there is voltage ok to it. Is there anyway I can check it before replacing it with a new one.

I think i'm stuck with the worst boiler on the planet!
:rolleyes:

Search on Pump and you'll see how to test it

The Potterton site would have told you the manual is at partsarena.com/baxi

Thanks ChrisR, Got hold of the manual. Will check both pump and diverter value. let you know how I get on.

it would help if you checked the burner pressure or gas rate. the burner may not be full on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back