Potterton Suprima 40 - 2nd fault ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As many others, for the last few months I seem to be a victim of the Suprima PCB problem i.e. boiler locking out / red LED flashing etc. As this is getting more and more frequent I'd decided to bite the bullet and get a new board. Over the last couple of days though I'm having trouble even getting the boiler to fire up by pressing reset. Eventually I give up, turn off the heating / water demand leave things for 30 mins or so and fire up the system. This seems to work and can lead to no further problems all day or the need for a reset in a further half an hour or so. Is this likely to be a second, different fault or a progression of what looks to be the PCB problem ?

Anyone any thoughts ? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
My potterton suprima is only about 15 months old. Somewhere on this forum, it was stated that the new PCB's had been modified to prevent failure about 18 months ago. Well...... mine obviously wasn't, so I see no reason to suspect your new one is either!!!
If you have still got the old board, I would re-solder them there joints, and stick it back in again..
I am jumping to conclusions here, and must say, that I am not a plumber or heating engineer. Just a keen DIYer on a low income.....
My book states that the only reason the potterton will go to lock out is:
If it has failed to ignite 3 times consecutively.
If the pressure switch fails to indicate that the flue fan has started.
If the temperature overheat stat operates.
Most of the above should be fairly easy to test with a basic meter.
But I would still strongly suspect the PCB...
I've been very snug since I re-soldered mine...
Good luck.
Flashbang.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back