help needed \potterton suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton suprima 40 , no ch or hw ...red light flashing ,when pressing reset button ..nowt happens , previously a little bang fired it up , but now nothing . pcb scorched in centre \407750

reading posts i reckon i need a pcb ..5102160 or 5113950 with additonal fan 5113950.. can get pcb of ebay but not sure where to get fan .

? 1.is it easy to replace pcb with 5102160
? 2 . would i be better with 5113950 with fan and again is it easy to replace
? 3. do theses pcb come with panel attached \reset button etc
? 4 is the wiring the same as the 407750 as in str8 replacement \with other pcb s

thanks any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
If my memory serves me right you only need to change fan as well on larger boilers. The latest version of pcb involves re-wiring all of the boiler which means going into comb chamber so call in a pro

you need to replace with pcb 5111603. you do not need to replace the fan as thats only the older 100 versions.

Sponsored Links
thanks for replies

update ..

i removed old pcb but didnt see anything amiss, albeit an untrained eye,therfore connected it up again but still nowt, untill i gave a little tap above the reset button , green light started flickering with every tap then fan came on .and hey presto .it started working again , red light stopped flashing and is stationary..... filled bath and it fired up again keeping water hot /.water still hot this morning .

but question is ...what could be the underlying problem ?

do i still need pcb ...is old 1 faulty \hence tapping casing ?

thanks

Seeing as there was a bang and there's scortch marks on the PCB, i would assume so, yes!

i didnt mean a bang internally ...i meant i had banged the boiler with hand to try and fire it up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back